Friday, July 29, 2011

Time for a coffee break!

The local farmers market has the most fabulous roasted coffee beans. Two of my favorites are the Cinnamon Hazelnut and the Vanilla Hazelnut. Delightfully mellow aromas. The scents are subtle, but fragrant enough to lure you to your favorite reading nook and pick up a good book to read.

I recently made a custom heart keepsake for a customer. It's for her husbands home office. I used a masculine fabric in paisley on one side and unbleached cotton on the other side. Then I added a wide brown ribbon. Dark French Roast coffee beans fill the inside of this keepsake heart, bold but not overwhelming.


The sachet can be placed on a small saucer with unbleached cotton side down. Over time the unbleached cotton will absorb the oils from the coffee beans and give the sachet a touch of Old World charm.

Time for a coffee break!

5 comments:

Meeling said...

What a great idea!! I'd love the scent of "coffee break" sitting my my computer!

Judy K. said...

Hi Frannie! How cute your sachet is. I can smell the coffee now,YUM!
Thanks for taking the the time to stop by my blog and leaving your sweet comment.
Judy K.

Ruth Welter said...

Hello Frannie, I really love the idea of your coffee bean keepsake..I'm sure your customer's husband loved it, it must smell heavenly.

ruth

Kathryn Dyche said...

What a wonderful idea to fill it with coffee beans.

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Again Frannie,

Hope your enjoying the rest of your summer and drinking lots of that coffee. :0

Ruth