Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lesson learned

I like to take photos and notes when I work on a new illustration or sewing project,
especially if it's something I've never done before. It gives me a history of the steps I took from start to finish. A reference guide for future projects.

I was so excited to work on this project I just took one photo and never looked back.

After pencil and ink I used watercolors to complete the illustration. I turned the original art into a card for a friend as a gift for her cousin. Wish I had taken a photo of the finished card. Next time I will keep my camera on the drawing table.
Lesson learned !

Have you ever gotten so absorbed in a project you forgot to document your progress?

4 comments:

Ali Puckett said...

Oh my gosh! This is soooo cute. I know exactly what you mean about getting absorbed in a project. When you get into a creative flow, sometimes it's hard to stop to take a picture. I try to take lots of photos of things I make, and although it's sometimes an inconvenience, it's nice to look back and remember them!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, yes I have. It's not hard to do when you are in full creative mode AND are excited about giving your creation as a gift. I recently knitted a shop sample for my LYS and failed to take any pictures of the end product. I could just kick myself! :) Adorable drawing, btw!

Sheryl Hastings said...

I know exactly what you mean! I tend to document everything. Sometimes too much. I think people think my camera is permanently attached to my hand.

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

When you're busy and in the groove, it is sometimes hard to remember to take a photo. Wish we could have seen the finished/painted card, looks like it was a charmer.